--> Download <--
MobInfo-2 is a World of Warcraft AddOn that provides you with useful additional information about Mobs (ie. opponents/monsters). It adds new information to the game's Tooltip whenever you hover with your mouse over a mob. It also adds a numeric display of the Mobs health and mana (current and max) to the Mob target frame. MobInfo-2 is the continuation of the now abandoned "MobInfo" by Dizzarian combined with the original "MobHealth2" by Wyv.
New Feature Info : MobInfo Tooltip Window
By default MobInfo now shows and uses the new MobInfo Tooltip window. On screen there is a movable anchor (click&drag to move it) called "MI". Initially you should find it underneath the minimap. Thats where the MobInfo Tooltip appears.
In the MobInfo options window you can configrue the layout of the MobInfo Tooltip (on the "Tooltip" options page). You can also decide to not use it at all and use the normal Gamtooltip instead (this option is on the "General" options page).
MobInfo-2 Data Collecting
MobInfo collects data whenever you fight a Mob. It starts off with an empty database, which fills up automatically the more you fight and play. The data it collects is used for enhancing the game tooltip and the game target frame. It is also available to other AddOns (mostly the mob/target health values). The amount of data that gets recorded is configurable through the MobInfo options dialog.
Resiatances and Immunities
MobInfo implementats a considerably simplified method for resistances and immunities tracking. It records for each school of magic the number of spells that have succeeded and the number of spells that were resisted. The resulting percentage is NOT the exact magic resist stat of the mob ! Instead MobInfo attempt to show you a rough but helpful indication of how likely the mob is to resist spells of a specific class of magic. Sidenote: In fact due to WoW limitations it is impossible for an AddOn to calculate the exact magic resist stat.
Extra Information For Game Tooltip
The extra information available to show on the game tooltip is:
* Class - class of mob
* Health - current and total health of the mob
* Mana - current and total mana of the mob
* Damage - min/max damage range of Mob against you (stored per char)
* DPS - your DPS (damage per second) against the Mob (stored per char)
* Kills - number of times you have killed the mob (stored per char)
* Total Looted - number of times you have looted the mob
* Empty Loots - number of times you found empty loot on the mob
* XP - actual LAST xp amount you gained from the mob
* # to Level - number of kills of this mob neede to gain a level
* Quality - the quality of items that are dropped by the mob
* Cloth drops - the number of times cloth has dropped on the mob
* Avg Coin Drop - average amount of money dropped by the mob
* Avg Item Value - average vendor value of items dropped by mob
* Total Mob Value - total sum of avg coin drop and avg item value
* Loot Items - all loot items dropped by a Mob can be recorded
* Mob Location - the location where you killed a Mob gets recorded and can be shown in the tooltip
* Mob Resistances - the mobs magic resistances and immunities
There are two modes for displaying the data: normal mode and compact mode. In normal mode one line is added to the tooltip per single data item from the list above. In compact mode two data items will be combined on one line of the tooltip. User of TipBuddy should note that (only) the MobInfo Compact Mode is compatible with the TipBuddy Compact Mode.
Note that MobInfo offers a "Combined Mode" where the data of Mobs with the same name that only differ in level gets combined (added up) into one tooltip. This mode can be enabled through the options dialog
Target Frame Health/Mana Values
MobInfo can display the numeric and percentage values for your current targets health and mana right on the target frame (formerly known as MobHealth functionality). This display is highly configurable through the MobInfo options dialog (position, font, size, etc).
MobInfo Options Dialog
Type '/mi2' or '/mobinfo2' on the chat prompt to open the MobInfo2 options dialog. This dialog gives you full interactive control over EVERYTHING that MobInfo can do. All options take immediate effect. Simply try them all out. Decent defaults get set when you start MobInfo for the first time. Note that the 4 main categories 'Tooltip', 'Mob Health/Mana', 'Database' and 'Search' have separate dedicated options pages within the options dialog.
Everything in the options dialog has an associated help text that explains to you what the option does. The help texts are shown automatically as a tooltip.
How to Install
Before installing a (new) version of MobInfo it is IMPORTANT that you exit and close WoW ! Unpack the ZIP file and copy the folder 'MobInfo2' into your 'World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns' folder. If asked choose to overwrite existing files. If you have an existing MobInfo database it is a good idea to backup this database just so you have a backup copy in a save location. You can find your MobInfo database here: 'World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<account_name>/SavedVariables/MobInfo2.lua'. Now you can again start WoW and enjoy the new MobInfo.
MobInfo-2 will automatically load the next time you login with one of your chars. When starting the first time you might get a message that a separate MobHealth AddOn was detected. If so please remove it, or at least disable it. You will find that it is no longer needed, because MobInfo-2 is a full featured and fully compatible replacement for "MobHealth".
Official MobInfo discussion forum
There is an official MobInfo discussion and bug reporting forum that you are all welcome to use. The main advantage is that it allows creating seperate topic threads for discussing different topics. This means your comment wont get lost in a flood of comments. Here's the link to the forum: http://www.dizzarian.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=16
Recently a number of great new featrues have been added to MobInfo. I'm sure you'd love at least some of them, if not all, if only you knew they existed and how to activate them :-) So here is a list for you:
* MobInfo now featuers its own movable and configurable MobInfo tooltip window
* optimized and simplified MobInfo options window
* MobInfo minimap button for opening the MobInfo options window
* added Polish localisation for MobInfo (thanks to Eliander)
To activate the Polish translation you must rename the file 'localization.PL.lua' to 'localization.lua' BEFORE starting WoW. Both files are located in the folder 'World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/MobInfo2/'. This will simply replace the standard English localization texts with the corresponding Polish texts.
* drastically improved Mob health calculation accuracy
* vendor sell value of items can be shown in item tooltip